Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Life Changing

When we found out we were expecting twins....Our life changed
When my water broke....Our life Changed
When Aydens heart stopped....Our life changed
When Brielle was born 16 weeks early...our life changed
When Brielle came home....Our life Changed
When Brielle stopped breathing....Our life changed
When my father in law had a stroke...Our life changed

It never seems to amazing how life changing a small or large event in life can change your life, your thoughts, your ways! Friday I got a call at work about 8:30am that my father in law had a stroke. He was over 8 hours away in North Dakota hunting with his 20 year old son, Chase. It was chases birthday! What a great way to spend your birthday! Hunting with your dad! Then things went O so wrong. Rodgers started acting funny and Chase knew something was wrong. Long story short...Rodger suffered a stroke. A clot on the left side of his brain. Also one on his artifical heart valve. We hopped in the car and headed the L-O-N-G 8 hour drive to get there as fast as we could! I had a sitter alll lined up for Brielle but freaked as soon as I hung up the phone. Anxiety of Rodger and then being 8 hours away from Brielle, this would be her FIRST night away from me!! I have never spent more than 9 hours away from Brielle!! So We ended up taking her. I was kind of nervous! But she did AMAZING!!! No fits! Minimal whining! And lots of naps! We got to hospital and got to see Rodger. Boy! It was tough! When your so used to seeing someone that NEVER slows down! Never wants to "Stop"! Now laying there. Not knowing what is going to happen! We know ALL to well being in the hospital, they tell you all the "This can happen, this may never happen" Its so scary! But we also believe in MIRACLES thanks to Miss Brielle. I DO believe a miracle is happening in Rodger! Chase said the ER said he would never use his left side to its full potential, he has almost full strength back! His speech is coming back! Hes up dancing with nurses! Hes doing laps around the 4th floor! Its AMAZING! Didnt expect anything less tho! :)

But it made us all stop and think of how quickly life changes. Your life can be so normal one day and completely turned upside down the next day. My brother in law Mike talked to Rodger at Scheels just a few days before he left of ND. Mike was stunned at how he was talking to him, having a "normal" converstation one day and then 3 days later gets this phone call. My dad is one year younger than Rodger. He has changed his ways of eating, getting his cholesterol down, blood pressure down, etc. I have NEVER heard my dad say he "is not ready to go yet" That hit me pretty hard. My biggest fear in life is death. I dont do well with it. I dont deal well with being able to NEVER talk to them, see them again, hug them again. It freaks me right the hell out. My biggest fear is losing my parents. Im in full fledge bawling session just typing this. I can not imagine how Josh, Chase, Troy felt as that phone call came in. How did Cindy feel as a wife? Ugh I just cant peice it together. Its a phone call NO.ONE. Wants to get! It sure does make you stop and reevaluate life! For Josh and I, we have already lived a life that Family comes first! We try to make it to every invite we get. To me, Laundry can wait til tomorrow, Dishes will be there when I get home. Vaccuming will still be there. My mom, dad, sister, neice, nephew, grandma, grandpa, in-laws, MIGHT.NOT.BE there tomorrow!! You never know when your numbers up. I dont know when mine is up. Everyone doesnt live to be 90. Cherish the time you have TODAY. Dance in the life you have been given TODAY. Let the sunshine shine thru TOMORROW, if your given a tomorrow. Live everyday like its your last!

No comments:

Post a Comment