Ticker

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Premature Baby tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Tayvah Rose

Our little Tayvah Rose Peterson arrived on Tuesday October 2, 2012. She made her debut at 10:16am and weighed in at 8lbs 9oz and 21" long. She has a full head of dark dark hair. She is perfect. We are so in love! This experience is so different for Josh and I. It was not rushed. It was relaxed (well as much as it could be). We had to be at the hospital 2 hours before my C Section. I had a nurse, Kari, who I have kept in touch with since my stay with the twins. That right there probably made me chill out, because I "knew" her. We could chit chat small talk and I didnt have to just have the surgery on my brain. We arrived at the hospital and put our things in our room and then went to the OR to meet Kari to get prepped for the surgery. I do not remember much of the twins emergency C Section at all.  I was prepped in the same room that Josh had to wait in for the twins by himself and wonder what was going on in the double doors only feet from him. Brought him back to alot of memories. Once I was prepped I walked into the OR room where I got my epidural. OUCH!! It was crazy pain! The anesthiologist was a very nice guy tho and did whatever he could to make me comfortable. Once I started feeling sick to my stomach he would put something in my IV and the feeling went away immediately. Once I was completely numb they let Josh come in. I  was a nervous wreck before he got there and I couldnt stop shaking. Once Josh came in he plaed his hand on mine and sat down by my head and we just made small talk to keep us both calm and try not to think about it too much. The Anesthsialogist was watching and giving Josh and I a play by play of what was happening since we could not see anything other than the blue curtain. Kari was also telling us when her feet came out, then her butt, and then we heard the cry. It was so amazing to hear your newborn child scream and cry! It was months before we were able to hear Brielle cry. Josh then got to go over to the warmer and cut her cord. We got to watch them clean her up and weigh her etc etc. After she was born and cleaned off a bit she was given to Josh. He brought her over to me right away and held her by my head so I could see her. She fell asleep and was so content. It was such a great feeling! After I was taken care of they got me in my bed and I got to hold her on the way to our room. In the room we took her foot prints and Josh gave her a bath. She got to stay in our room with us the whole time. I could not believe that she was ours. Everytime I looked at her I had to tell myself she was really ours. She was my baby. It was amazing to get to see and feel all those things that first time moms get to experience that we missed out on with the twins. Our birth experiences were night and day this time vs last time. Each was unique and I embrace them both.

Brielle is beyond excited about her sister. She can not stop smiling when she sees her. She loves to hold her and kiss her. She always has to know where she is at all times. She loves to help feed her as well. She is really going to be a good big sister and helper. When she leaves me at the hospital for the night she is so funny! We do the whole kiss hug etc and say I love you. She walks out of my room and pokes her head back in and says "Bye" I tell her bye back and she walks out. Only to poke her head back in and say I LOVE YOU. I say it back. She will do this several times until dad makes her leave. Then she yells it down the hallway until I cant hear her anymore. It is so funny and so cute! She melts my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment